Take Immediate Action
- Acknowledge the Situation: What’s going on? Why is this a challenge? How did you get here? How can this be turned into a positive with creative thinking and problem-solving?
- List Possible Solutions/Outcomes: What would a positive outcome look like from this challenge?
- List Your Resources: What resources do you have at your fingertips that could help you overcome this and turn this into a positive obstacle you’ve overcome?
- List Resources You May Need: What are you lacking to overcome the challenge, who can you enlist to help, or what resources can you invest in?
Reframing via Journaling
Get Comfortable with Being Uncomfortable
- Ask yourself questions to calm yourself, like those in this article! Better yet, journal about them so you can go back and re-read your answers during a tough stretch.
- Sign up for coaching or mentorship programs. Then, go after things you know will challenge you so you can work on them in real-time with your mentor or coach.
- Think about your why. Everything you do should be backed up by something that motivates you. This should be enough to help you push through when things get uncomfortable because you know it’s for a bigger goal.
Successful Leaders Have the Ability to Turn Obstacles into Opportunities
In order to really thrive in your career and life, being able to turn obstacles into opportunities is a key skill to learn. It doesn’t come naturally a lot of the time, and that’s okay. But by investing in the right resources, like personalized career coaching, you can get there. This could be the one thing holding you back from getting that promotion or landing your dream job. Don’t let it hold you back any longer. Let our coaches help! Schedule a time to chat with our team today.